The Russell Family Foundation has been contributing to a sustainable and peaceful world for over 20 years by partnering with grassroots leaders and community organizations in Pierce County and across the Puget Sound region. While our vision and mission remain unchanged, we recognize that the world we operate in has shifted significantly due to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Along with you, we are heartbroken every day by the suffering this crisis has caused, while at the same time inspired by the many ways communities have united together to support one another.
As an organization, we are making some changes in the ways we operate to meet the need for nimbleness and collaboration. We have pledged to provide flexibility to our grantees to help them move their work forward during this critical moment. We are supporting our local community through the Pierce County Connected Fund. We are actively exploring additional mechanisms of support beyond funding that may help meet timely needs of nonprofits and communities. We will remain vigilant to the changing needs of our grantees and partners and we ask that you reach out to our staff at any time to check in.
To our grantees, JFP graduates, peers and partners, we offer this page of resources as an expression of our care and support. We will update this page regularly. We hope you will find value here as you navigate and forge ahead through these harrowing times. If you have a resource you’d like to suggest for this page, please send it to TRFF Senior Program Officer Holly Powers.
Our philosophy as a foundation has always been rooted in our desire to listen, learn, understand and support community vision and we will remain even more committed to that approach in the weeks and months ahead. Stay healthy, stay safe and know that we are here for you.
Resources during COVID-19
- BoardSource – How Nonprofits and Board members can respond to COVID-19
- Bridgespan COVID-19 – Resources for Nonprofits and Funders
- Chronicle of Philanthropy COVID-19 – Resources for Nonprofits
- Foundant COVID-19 – Grantseeker and Nonprofit Resources
- Hub for Equity and Justice in the U.S. Coronavirus Response
- Independent Sector – Information on COVID 19
- Kresge Foundation – Nonprofit Guide to accessing capital through the 2020 CARES Act
- National Council of Nonprofits – COVID-19 Resources
- Nonprofit Finance Fund – COVID-19 Resources
- Tech Soup – Resources for Nonprofits Impacted by COVID-19
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Washington Nonprofits – COVID-19 Resources
- Front and Centered – Frontline Response Fund for Communities of Color
- Giving Compass – Coronavirus and COVID-19 Comprehensive List of Relief Funds
- Greater Gig Harbor Foundation – Peninsula Community Emergency Relief Fund
- Greater Tacoma Community Foundation & United Way of Pierce County – Pierce County Connected Fund
- Humanities Washington – CARES Act Relief Grants
- Map of Rapid Response Funding Programs in Puget Sound/Washington State
- Philanthropy Northwest – COVID-19 Response page – List of response funds across the region
- Philanthropy Northwest – Washington Food Fund
- WA State Dept. of Commerce – Small Business Emergency Grants
- Washington State Student and Youth Homelessness COVID-19 Response Fund
- Council on Foundations – A Call to Action: Philanthropy’s Commitment During COVID-19
- Council on Foundations – COVID-19 Resources
- Lansberg Gersick – COVID-19 and your Family Enterprise Crisis Response Portal
- National Center for Family Philanthropy – Response and Recovery Resources
- Philanthropy Northwest – Navigating a New Virtual World
- Center for Disease Control – Stress and Coping Resource Page
- Graduate Tacoma & Tacoma Urban League – Online Resource Directory for Students and Families
- United Way of Pierce County – How You Can Help: Pierce County-based COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities/Needs
- Pierce County Government – Coronavirus Impacts
- Pierce County Government – Donations Connector – Ways to Help and Get Help
- United Way of Pierce County – COVID-19 Resource List