Our funding priorities include investing in organizations to:
Support Small Farmers
- Invest in organizations that offer comprehensive support to small farmers, enabling them to establish sustainable farm enterprises.
- Emphasize accelerating the learning curve for the next generation of new farmers through training, technical assistance, financing, and business acumen support.
- Facilitate pathways to ownership or shared ownership of farmland, fostering long-term stability and growth.
- Promote apprenticeship, mentorship, and networking or peer-to-peer opportunities for farmers.
Adopt organic, Regenerative and Climate-resilient Farming Practices
- Support organizations that provide education, training, technical assistance, and access to best practices for farmers interested in transitioning to organic and regenerative practices.
- Support programs that facilitate the adoption of climate-resilient practices in agriculture.
- Encourage farmers to pursue certification for organic and regenerative farming practices.
Develop Regional Infrastructure
- Invest in the creation of regional infrastructure that benefits farmers at a local and regional level.
- Prioritize projects that establish sustainable market pathways for farmers’ products, facilitating access to consumers.
- Develop shared resources that can be more affordably and efficiently accessed by multiple producers (such as cold storage, wash/pack facilities, etc.).
Support Local, Non-commercial Food Growing
- Foster hyper-local, non-commercial food growing and sourcing projects.
- Support activities such as backyard gardening, gleaning, and community gardening, which promote self-sufficiency and community resilience.